Thursday 17 April 2014

ROSEMARY VINTAGE- Behind The Camera!

I recently acquired another line of clothing under the leaves of Threads of Rosemary, I have so many ideas and plans, but I decided to pick a few that I love, Rosemary Vintage is one...



ROSEMARY VINTAGE

Rosemary Vintage is my first offering and this will be my way of sending feelers into the market, basically getting to know your style better!

Rosemary Vintage is my selection of vintage styles that I feel have something to offer to the modern day fashioners. I carefully select pieces that have personality, and originality! They are freshened, tweaked and then they are sent out into the world for a second adventure!

Adopting clothes, is not for everyone!
Some appreciate the idea, but just can't seem to put themselves in something that has seen places they have not! I on the other hand..
love it, I've been wearing vintage since before it was hipster!

My mother has had a second hand clothing store since my childhood days, and I guess I just grew up with a few more 'hand-me-downs' than the average Joe! At the time I hated it, and wanted to pick my own clothes but as I grew older I learnt that I could create unique looks that no one else could ever replicate. It taught me to combine fabric's and textures and old with new, it helped me to hone in on styling that could only be experienced, and never taught! I guess you could say this is where my love for fashion birthed.

People always tell me that I combine the weirdest things, yet always pull them off, and that they could never wear what I wear. Yes I feel my strongest when I look a little off the beat, being out of the comfort zone is my comfort zone.
However, The key is to take what you like and make it work, it's just about making your own style, stylish. You are never going to look good and be at your best if you feel uncomfortable in what you are wearing!

The most genuinely awesome thing about Rosemary Vintage is that you never know what you are going to find! There is always something unexpected and awesome. Sure sizing is a bit of a downfall but when the shoe does fit, it's a damn good feeling!


My plan for this line is have as much of a natural process as possible. Heritage and Nostalgia will always feature greatly in my work, because it's part of who I am but this brand is about celebrating age and character. Why buy something that is made to look like it's from the 70's, when you can have something from the actual 70's??? I'm sure they did it better any way's!  I don't know!,  I just feel that walking into a party with a sense of outfit security is better than standing next to your mate for a 'who-wore-it-best' pic!

Besides, our market is drenched with imported, poor quality product that demotes what we stand for! It's time to re-use and re purpose a bit. We say it and we preach it, but do we actually do it?
I think wearing your opinion is a pretty good place to start!


Yes we love to watch the Mylies, Justins and Taylors of the world being young, fresh, frivolous but no one did it like the Madonna's, Bowie's, and Kurt's!!!! #Just Saying!

Here are some of my favourite shots from the Open Road shoot I did for Rosemary Vintage.
Take a look!

I love this shot, it's so natural and poised! It was the perfect day for this shoot. We decided that late afternoon would be best for mood and lighting, and the clouds couldn't have formed better if I painted them there myself. #blessed

This pic and a few others were taken the week before on a gloomier day which made for it's own sweet pie.
                                                      
  
I just love this unapologetic pose.
Weeded.
 
The storm is coming!






Looking Out!
Westernised.
Cosmos & Clouds

Granny's heel's from the 50's & 60's- great for sling back Saturday's

Thank you to my models, My bestie and my sister! You guys were amazing!
Thanks for not questioning my creativity and just riding the wave!

X- Bye For Now -X

 
 

























No comments:

Post a Comment